IaROCK.org

IaROCK.org

Postby Bart Bender » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:31 pm

It's free to register with our club. State wide affiliation. If you want to join our forums it's only $25 a year. This money goes strictly to running the sight. If we get enough members the extra money goes to promotions and give aways.

Comps are free and we are trying to have one comp a month. Our two official sights are the Fossil Gorge near the Coralville Spillway outside of Coralville, Ia.

http://iarock.org/Upcoming-Events.php (this is event is old so just look at the map for location)
The other is my modular setup at my house just north of Cedar Rapids off old Hwy 218 (N. Center Point Rd).

Come join our sight and help organize and promote RC Rock Crawling in Iowa, and surrounding states.
Bart Bender

Re: IaROCK.org

Postby IaROCK » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Watching Bart ride the lil pink bicycle over the crawler course is well worth the price of admission!! :D

IaROCK is open to members of all ages with any scale crawler at any experience level. The only requirement is you must have fun...and that comes pretty easy as we have the greatest group of folks to be found in Iowa. :-*
IaROCK

Postby Bart Bender » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:34 pm

IaROCK wrote:Watching Bart ride the lil pink bicycle over the crawler course is well worth the price of admission!! :D

I'd pay to see that too ;)
Bart Bender

Postby Bart Bender » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:46 am

I guess I should post too that at my "Hobby Shack" I do have a dirt offroad track that we race Slash's and 1/8 buggies on. It's a little tight right now for 1/8 scale, but we are going to be expanding it in the near future.
Bart Bender

Postby Bart Bender » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm

The race track is 1/8 buggy/truggy worthy now.
Table top
Elevated 180
Double
Offset whoops
www.bartshobbyshack.com
Bart Bender

Postby rcguylee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 am

so whos the top dog for rock crawling around here now adays?
rcguylee

Postby Bart Bender » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Well IaROCK has the club sight and is Pres of IaROCK.org and I have The Shack. We have some very good crawlers in our area. Just waiting for spring now.

Where you from and what's your interest?
www.bartshobbyshack.com
Bart Bender

Postby sonnyd » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:30 pm

do you have a real crawler rig an if so where do you run it at? because your scaled down version looks tough. whats it made of concrete?
sonnyd
Stock Member
Stock Member

Postby Bart Bender » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:47 pm

I have a highly modded AX10.
and a TF based Shafty Super
The modular course is covered in quick crete sand mix and burlap with a chicken wire understructure.
We crawl at the McBride Spillway and when we have permission the Fossil Gorge at the Coralville Spillway. That is OFF LIMITS unless other wise noted at IaROCK.org.
McBride
Not gonna post pics of Coralville due to it being off limits.
www.bartshobbyshack.com
Bart Bender

Postby BMoore » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Those look like some fun ledges to run my full size rock crawler on. >:D I wish Iowa would open some of these parks for wheeling .
BMoore
Stock Member
Stock Member

Postby Bart Bender » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:21 am

Yah keep dreaming. Those are all in Johnson County. Tree hugger capital of Iowa. That's why we were asked to stay off the Fossil Gorge cause the fossil gazers at the University had spent big bucks on making the parking area half way pretty. We aren't done with them yet. We are asking for a couple dates to have comps there but still waiting to see what happens.

Sorry sonnyd, were you asking if I had a 1:1 rig? I do it's a '79 CJ5. It's still being re-assembled so I have'nt wheeled it in 7 years :-\
www.bartshobbyshack.com
Bart Bender

Postby BMoore » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:48 pm

I think we could do a secret night run . O0 Something like this . Leave some nice black marks on their ledges .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9r21a-cv3M
BMoore
Stock Member
Stock Member

Postby sonnyd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:26 pm

you about had it if the tires werent wet. but sometimes all you have to do is get alil heat in the tires then and you just walk right up, crazy two mile per hour goose bumps, rock crawlin is a blast
sonnyd
Stock Member
Stock Member

Postby BMoore » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 am

sonnyd wrote:you about had it if the tires werent wet. but sometimes all you have to do is get alil heat in the tires then and you just walk right up, crazy two mile per hour goose bumps, rock crawlin is a blast

Yes the tires were really wet and HOT lol . They had alot of rain the week before we were down there . There were streams on all the rock obstacles . I lived in AZ for 8 years and the crawlin down there was awesome . Dry and sticky . 8)
BMoore
Stock Member
Stock Member

Postby dbl-fistn55 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:55 pm

wish there was more of this happening around the Des Moines area... i have been building a new clod based super. also looking into some other scalers.
dbl-fistn55
Modified Member
Modified Member

Return to IaROCK.org